My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, March 23, 2006

My Carter

I am so tempted to tell you about Carter by comparing how he is different than or the same as Patrick. I won’t, however, do this as Carter is a unique child and deserves much more than a mere comparison to someone else.
Carter is a typical, if there is such a thing as typical, youngest child. When I found myself pregnant with him, with a 4 month old and a two year old already to care for, I was so scared. When the realization of what was to come had finally set in, I told Jeff that this may be the very child that brings us the most joy. I cannot say that any of my children make me happier or are loved more than the other, but I can say that Carter is the one who finds joy in most any situation. He does, therefore, bring me much joy.
Carter has always been very adventurous, trying new things and refusing to learn from his mistakes. He is the one that initiated me into emergency rooms and stitches. When he was less than two, I found him on the top shelf in his closet! I have no idea how he got there. He will still try anything new without much reservation.
He laughs a lot. It is so fun to do things for him because he just enjoys life. He amazes me over and over how he can find joy in the most simple things.
Carter is the one who will sit at the table and wait for me to finish eating so he can put my plate away. If he sees me cleaning a mess up, he will stop to help me. He always has a hug for me and anyone else who shows him kindness. He has yet to reach the stage where he needs to show himself independent from me. He is uninhibited and seems almost unaware of relationships between people in the sense that he doesn’t seem to care what others think of him. By this, I mean that he has yet to reach the point that he has to present himself in any way to anyone so as to appear more mature or “cool”. He just lives for the moment and you like him or you don’t. He makes me so happy…how I wish I were more like him. I was watching him tonight as we were playing a game and wondering how he is going to grow into a little man without losing the essence of who he is. I pray life will not change him too much.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karate Mom said...

Hi! I just love these posts about your kids and their personalities! How sweet!
Also, your floors look GREAT!!!!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Karate Mom said...

Hi! I just love these posts about your kids and their personalities! How sweet!
Also, your floors look GREAT!!!!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Karate Mom said...

Oops, sorry, I didn't realize that it had already published my comment! :)

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home