My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Spider Web Fun!

We're studying spiders in Science this week. Today, we used black yarn to create a huge cobweb in our playroom. I started out having each one of the kids tell a fact about spiders and then add to the web. After we had gone through all of the facts we've learned so far this week, I just let them go wild with the web. It was so fun...they enjoyed it so much.

It's a mess, but I let them leave it up for Josh, the neighbor, to see when he gets home. They also want Daddy to see it. I think Madison even made one in her room. I'm sure it's not going to be nearly as fun to take it all down as it was to put it up!
















9 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

I loved the video of the web. What a great idea! Your kids looked like they were having so much fun. You just gave me the perfect idea when it is Melanie's turn to learn about spiders.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Karate Mom said...

What a great idea!!
And, from the experience of our cat wrapping yarn around and around a chair, scissors are the best thing for getting it down!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Yep, Lisa, Carter is in there as I type cutting it all down. In the typical Carter fashion, he is enjoying himself!!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Dana Leeds said...

That looks like so much fun!!! Thanks for posting the video. I want to go and study spiders now so we can do this. :-)

9:32 PM  
Blogger Cyndi said...

Okay, that looks WAY fun!!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Karate Mom said...

Oh and I LOVE being able to add videos to Blogger now!!

I'm glad Carter enjoyed the clean up!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

fun way to explore the creepy crawly!

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so creative! What fun! I bet the kids will remember this, and they will remember how fun it is to have you for their mom.

We did get towel animals in our room at Disney. We had no idea they did that. One of our animals was a rabbit. A cup was in the middle, and she stuck the kids' toothbrushes in it. Another towel had a face and my hubby's hat on top. The kids loved it! I'll have to remember to put the pics up on one of my posts. (I should have put up those pics for my Photo Hunters "original" post, but I didn't even think of it!)

Hope you have a great weekend!

Lauren

7:18 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

So fun! I'm going to have to file this idea for future use. Thanks!

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home