My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, March 19, 2010

Recipes From Around The World

During the kids' projects on researching a particular country, they cooked meals that would be found from each country. Patrick loves cooking soup, so we found an Italian potato soup. It wasn't the best soup we have ever had, but it was good. Madison researched Brazil and found a fun fried banana recipe. I have to say that it was not for me!! I don't think any of us enjoyed this one very much. I really thought it was going to be good, but I just couldn't get past the texture of it!!
Carter loves China, so it was easy for him to decide which country he would research. He wanted me to make some "sticky" rice for him to eat with his chopsticks. He tries to eat everything with them anyway, but since I usually use Minute Rice, it's hard for him to use chopsticks with it. He wanted me to use real rice so it would be sticky.
The only thing they have left to do in the study are their oral reports. This has been a fun study for all of us. I think we will do another one before the school year is over...probably some next year as well!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

I have heard of fried bananas, but have never tired them. I really don't know if I would like them either. However that soup does look tasty to me. Great learning going on in your house girly!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

Yum, maybe it should be your family I invite for the dim sum night when I feel up to it. ;)

10:55 PM  
Blogger Heather the Mama Duk said...

Very cool! Cooked bananas are definitely... odd.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home