My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, February 22, 2010

Madison's 14th Birthday

Madison has been very patient in waiting for her birthday party this year! Because her birthday is so close to Christmas, we sometimes wait a few weeks to celebrate it with her friends. We let her choose what she wanted to do on her actual birthday and had cake and gifts with family but waited for her big party.Madison picked a friend to go with us to a local shop to paint. They painted their projects then left them there to be fired. Afterwards, we had pizza and cupcakes at home with Madison's friend and Jeff's parents.Madison loves the Ultimate Cakeoff show and wanted to do something like that for her birthday. I decided to do a scavenger hunt at the mall first. The loser of that had to sit out the first 10 minutes of decorating the cakes. No one had ever done a mall scavenger hunt, so it was a new experience for everyone. I was amazed with how many people we saw doing the same thing, especially considering the fact that the stores were trying to prevent any picture taking...which is how we documented doing/finding the things on the list. We thought sneaking pictures only added to the fun. After the hunt, we had icecream before heading home for supper....homemade hot tamales and burritos that my sister's mother-in-law made.The winning cakeGinger dressed up for the party
The "birthday season" is over for another year. It's always such a busy time with lots of planning, but I enjoy it. I will give birthday parties for as long as my kids will let me!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

How fun!! What awesome ideas, and she looked like she had such a wonderful day!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Oh my goodness, that was just the coolest birthday party ever for a girl! I love how you are always so creative in everything that you do. Happy Birthday Madison.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Heather the Mama Duk said...

That is seriously one of the coolest birthdays ever. Happy birthday, Madison! I cannot believe she's 14!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

That looked like such a great party, Madison!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home