My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Our Last First Day of School

Carter and I started our last year of homeschooling yesterday—our last first day at OurPlace.  I still haven’t allowed myself to fully process the fact that, after this year, we will no longer be homeschooling.  Once again, the lines blur, and our normal redefines itself.  We adjust.  As Carter and I went through the normal first day traditions alone, I thought about the many first days I have had with all three of my kids through the years.  Even though Jeff was only here for our very first “first” day of school, each year he showed his support through baskets filled with treats and  sweet notes wishing us another great year.  I went back and sorted through all of my old pictures and put all of the first day pictures together.  Through them, I was able to watch my kids grow and mature before my eyes.  It does put into perspective the amount of time we have invested in homeschooling and reminds me of how far we have come since that first day eleven years ago.  




























1 Comments:

Blogger Sherri said...

Life is so strange...

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home