My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Two and a Half Years

That's how long it has been since I last posted here.  I never thought there would be a day when I would neglect my beloved blog.  Perhaps it was facebook that drew me away with its ability to connect me to so many  loved ones instantly.  Maybe I became too busy for long posts and was enticed by the few lines and a picture I could throw onto facebook.  I don't know, but the longer I went without posting here, the more difficult it became to imagine catching up.  I have sat down many times and attempted to figure out how to do just that.  For a while, I attempted to catch up, but that made me even more overwhelmed as new memories were being pushed aside to wait in line.  I have decided the only way to return is to do so in the present.  I have so much to share from the past two years, but I will do so as new memories remind me of these past events.

As a quick catch-up, I will say that I am entering my last year of homeschooling, and I have very mixed feelings about it.  Madison is starting her third year in college and Patrick is about to move out to start his first year at ULM.  He will be the first to move out, and I also have had mixed emotions about that.  Carter is a senior and the last one that I have to graduate.  I am so close to being able to look back and say, "We did it!"  There are always people who will tell others that they are making a mistake or they won't be able to do something.  I am thankful I didn't let these people divert me from the goal I set twelve years ago.  This blog holds so many memories from our homeschooling journey.  I can spend hours sitting here reading and remembering, and when I feel that I haven't done enough, it is this blog that reminds me of just how much I did do.  The last few years have been difficult in so many ways.  They have also been amazing and rewarding.  I wish I could come back here and remember them in detail.  Starting today, I vow to renew my love for blogging and post at least once a week.  I hope by sharing the hard times alongside the good ones, I can be an encouragement to others.  Some good moments are spontaneous, but many others are a result of trials and failure and hard work.  That's okay, and it is normal-more normal than the sugar coated posts we view on a daily basis through the rose colored glasses of most social media.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home