My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, November 14, 2005

Pumpkin Life Cycle

We studied the life cycle of pumpkins right before Halloween. We cut some little pumpkins open and got some seeds to plant in a clear container so we could see the root systems and all. We planted the seeds very close to the edge and tilted the container in the window so they would grow toward the side. The kids were amazed at how fast the plants came up and how well they could see the roots. They are so excited to see blooms. I'm sure I will need to replant them in something larger soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Hi Sherri!

I saw your comments on my blog and wanted to come check things out at your place. I am so glad my posts about growing up as a home schooler were encouraging to you. It looks like you are doing a great job and having a lot of fun with the kids! I remember doing similar projects with my mom. We grew bean sprouts one year and that was so much fun.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Hi Sherri!

Glad you stopped by our blog. You are a wonderful God-given teacher to your children! May you continue to enjoy the journey!

It looks like I could learn a lot from you!

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home